Today's Gigo News So Far ...

I spoke to Alex more than an hour ago, and then work got in my way. Just happened again.

Gigo had a difficult night. He's probably had 10 or so seizures in the past few days. Alex said he 24Hr place gives him a shot of vallium when it happens, and that helps.

In yet another 'drive by' consult imparting information, a Dr. recounted that the sysptoms seem like epilepsy, and that Dr. has seen cases where, in small animals with this condition, that their blood work takes shortly after a seizure comes back with 'liver issues'.

The frustration on resolving this is starting to take it's toll. The 24Hr place isn't an inexpensive hotel, Gigo isn't getting treated just comforted, and we've been around all of the prognosis twice now. Alex is determined to force a course of treatment.

The 24Hr place Dr will provide Gigo with anti-convulsant medication, but wants to use a drug for people, not small dogs, becasue the side effects are thought to be less. Well, people weight 10's or pounds, not 1's or pounds, so the medication needs to be formulated. The Dr is calling about to see what's what with that.

In the time it took me to get this far into the typing, Alex called me again. The medication is available later today in a pharmacy in Canadagua. If they ship it, it'll get here Friday. I volunteered to go get it whenever. Pharmacy needs to contact Alex with pickup time and location, and directions and a phone number, which she'll relay along to me, and off I'll go.

More later.

Comments

rich ruscio said…
The pharmacy in Canagaguia will have the goods ready after 4pm. Open till 6.

I'm to get the goods, call Alex, and arrange a transfer from me to her. Probably at Trendz.

I'll be a bit late getting home tonight. My cell phone is all charged, and if not, well, the charger's in the truck.

Stay in touch ...

Popular Posts