Black Friday

On Black Friday, Erin had to work at JoAnnes from 7am until 3:30 pm. My private plan was to get to the I-80 Truck Stop - The World's Largest !!! for a kind of early breakfast, then to the Machine Shed for a meat lunch (no Aaron ...) then to get Erin and then dinner some how.

Didn't work out that way. Except for Erin, we slept in until about 10:30 or so. Then, off to the Truck Stop for a late breakfast, early lunch.

When the waitress was bringing out food out, it looked to me like she was carrying a meringue pie. Turns out that, in addition to the 2 eggs over easy, hash browns and 4 pieces of heavily buttered toast, my Chicken Fried Steak came buried under about, oh, 2-3 cups of pork sausage gravy. Well, I ate it all, except for about 1.5-2 cups of the gravy. Figured I'd skip the extra few thousand calories.

The shopping at the Truck Stop was excellent. The distances around it are huge, and the later tour of Davenport was great.

Pictures ...

http://picasaweb.google.com/richruscio/AQuickTourOfDavenportIA

It was fun. Aaron treated us well.

And, everyone of these photos has a story ...

rr

Comments

Popular Posts