Little did I know

It was more of a day than I thought. Alex' dog had more seizures last night, and she brought him to the 24 Hr Vet. Here's what she told me this morning, and that I emailed to Mom ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got off the phone with Alex. She sounds a lot better than she did last night.

The dog was comfortable most of the night, but did have a 'witnessed' seizure while he was there. So now, someone other than Alex and her friends have seen it. Small, cold comfort.

Medical records have been exchanged among Cornell, the 24Hr place, and Dr. Black. The consensus remains that it's a neurological condition, not one caused by liver toxicity. More blood work being done to check for bile acids (liver issue).

After the blood work completes, if there's no hard proof of liver issues, the dog will start on anti-convulsants.

Alex will call me when there's more news.

We apparently did something right raising her. She's doing so well for her dog. Makes me proud.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

rr

Comments

Popular Posts