Supposedly, there's a lake North of here ...

I've tried 3 times to get to Lake Ontario from my house, on my shiny but not so new road bike.
First time, bridge out over a creek (50 foot span, so don't assume I didn't try to walk thru it ...).

Second time, wrong turn, and wound up in a park / wildlife maintenance area, and while it was nice, wasn't where I wanted to be.

Third time's the charm - that's my Bike, the road bumper at the end of East Manitou Roda at Edgemere, some unclaimed public land before the rocks, and then, The Lake.


This shot from Google Earth shows you where I was.

E Manitou Road ends here, which is just about where Edgemere Drive starts.

I rode north on 259 to Hilton, turned West onto East Avenue, which turns into Wilder Road, which turns into Frisbee Hill Rd. Turned North onto E Manitou Rd, and followed it to the Lake.

The pushpin is at the end of a 30 yard dead end extension, ended in a road bumper. A few yards of un-owned beach, rocks, and water ...





Just stuff I saw while there. There's a house on each side of the dead end extension, and they've got really nice places to play ...


























But, I made it. The trip was 27.34 miles, but I did some sightseeing at Town on Parma Park, so not all in flight to the Lake.

rr

Comments

Popular Posts