The pile of rocks in the front ...

Once upon a time, we had a new house built, and we collected almost all the big rocks into a pile out front, under the big Maple tree. We figured that, someday soon, we'd use them in some clever landscaping kind of way.


Time passed, and other things happened. A lot of time passed. Like, 13 - 14 years or so passed. And, we still had a pile of rocks in front of our house.

We've got a lot of landscaping stuff around the house. The front was professionally landscaped. Our backyard has a pool, decks, stone path, large mulched area, large flower boxes (5 of them) and other stuff. It needed maintenance work. So, I asked the guy who plows my driveway, who happens to do landscape maintenance and construction, to come over and give me a quote on some work. Both the maintenance and the pile of rocks under the tree ...

I accepted his offered quote, and soon ... more rocks showed up under the tree.


Eventually, after a bit of work, and more (and fewer) rocks under the tree, it was done

From the front steps:


From the lawn towards the street:


A close up of one of the rocks we acquired - the picture doesn't do it justice. Yes, I need a new camera, but, you really need to see this thing up close. Great landscaping rock.



Anyhow, I've done my biking for the day (17+ miles, coffee in Brockport), installed Alex' air conditioner in her apartment, and now, need to attend to the bills / accounts of Ruscio Inc.

Hugs,

rr

Comments

erin michelle said…
It looks wonderous and stupendous and I adore it. What a nice pile of rocks : ) I love that tree.

Popular Posts