History of My Weight Loss, The Final Chapter, April 2020

This is my last chapter of the weight loss journey. What a long, strange trip.

In the summer of 2018, I came to the fork in the road of "get better" or "get worse". Weight max'd at 218 pounds. A full bottle of FukItAll would not have changed me much. So, I chose "get better".

So, diet and exercise. Lowish carbs, higher protein, constrained eating time. Weights, water rowing, bike riding. That went solidly until the middle of January 2020, when in a few day stretch, I lost 7 pounds, and decided to stop losing weight. Of the weight lost, probably 70% was fat, the rest, (mostly) muscle. In the end, it was 50/50. I was done losing weight.

Meantime, I was working the theory that, if I lost enough fat, my T2D would "improve", go into remission, or just generally go away. That did not succeed. My medication load went down, my general BG control is a bit better/tighter, but there's little indication that my cure is close to 100%, and lots more that it isn't.

I do know how to eat to control my weight. I've been "flat" at 165-171 since late 2019. Now, it is more about "reason why", than "what to do". 

If I find that reason why, I may or may not chase it. But, until then, thank you for following along. I appreciate it.

Stay safe. Peace out.

rr

Comments

Popular Posts