Sometimes, you just gotta get away: mid-distance road bike exercise log 20200502

It rarely feels easier. I just get older and slower. Need to keep reminding myself that if I want to go faster, I'll need to ride further. More frequently, too. So, here we are.

The Ride: Last time, 13 miles, this time, 16.57 miles. The full leg on Ballantyne south to Humphrey has an annoying hill, that I had to fight to climb. Slow, but no stops. There's a bit more distance I can squeeze out of that southern leg by taking Humphrey south to 386. Trouble is, there's a hill ...

Roads along the way aren't improved over last week.

Equipment: Still not tightened the left pedal. It needs the inspection. I also need to find and re-read the Xoss G+ "manual". Need to get better with it.

Apparel: Long sleeve sweat remover under the bib shorts, heat gear shirt over. Was nice in the sun.

The Rider: I need more conditioning. I really want the gym to re-open. Tomorrow should be nice weather. Let's see if I can / will go again.

Stay safe. Peace out.

Comments

Popular Posts