My Goal: Fix T2 drift

Once Upon a Time, my Type 2 Diabetes (T2 or T2D from now on) was reasonably well controlled. My blood tests were reasonably consistent (HbA1c flattish every blood test cycle). I've got maybe 20 years of daily data in an Excel spreadsheet somewhere. I still test at least daily, but it's a PITA to gather the data into Excel. So, I got to the point where I was no longer recording my daily fasting BG number and data in Excel. What I learned from the data and chart, though, was that there was a slight incline in the daily number average, but the variance exploded, probably 10 years ago IIRC. This, I thought, isn't good, but it was a clue.

I've told the story of my first, and only, Certified Diabetes Instructor. She gave me the best advice on the subject. She said I should treat it like a hobby, because I'd have it for the rest of my life. Great advice !!

Then came the Great IDontCare phase. Chronic disease really drags every once in a while. I was at the point where I didn't have a F, or even a rat's butt, to give. My drag took years to get past. Maybe it'll happen again, but I'm over that at present. What have I done, and what might I do, about the BG number drift? There's choices ...

  • Go back to the IDontCarePhase
  • Keep Truckin' on the drug treadmill / stress test
  • Diet and Exercise, in infinite variation
D&E it'll be. But that's another story. No doubt, several.

Comments

Popular Posts