Escape from NY Lockdown: mid-distance road bike exercise log 20200425

Oh my, but how the days pass, when you're under lockdown, the weather sucks, and you've neither a rat's butt nor even a F to give. Almost 2 weeks without exercise. My BG numbers are OK, but my weight and fat weight go up. For today, the weather didn't suck enough to keep me home.

The Ride: Since we've lived in Chili, I try to find and ride alternative routes and distances. Going south of Brook was one previously discovered extension, as was turning left/right on Humphrey, as was doing the loop back to Ballantyne. Again, or still, all roadway in good shape, except for parts of Brook. Some of the potholes there are killer.

Equipment: Have not yet tightened the left pedal. I did use the rear shifter, though. There's a 4% - 6% long-ish incline, and that had me onto some bigger rear sprockets. All else was good.

Apparel: Long sleeve compression shirt, covered by Cold Gear long sleeve mock turtle.

The Rider: 5 point of contact all fine. Muscles mostly felt strong. Breathing needs more work.

More nice weather would be helpful.

Stay safe. Peace out.

Comments

Popular Posts