short distance road bike exercise log 20200406

Only the second time out this season, and I went 50% further !! OK, I thought it was funny.

The Ride: Mostly low and higher rollers. Amazing how close to home the middle of nowhere begins. Almost no traffic. Some patches of poor road on Brook Rd. There were a lot of cars parked at the trail head at Brookedale Preserve. Nice day for a walk in the wood.

The Equipment. WD-40 on cleats and clips worked great. Got the G+ on the bike, and it works. I can usually see it well enough to read it. I'll need bifocals or reading glasses or something to see it better. Someday, if I ever care about it.

Apparel: Middle weight socks, middle aged bib shorts, butt lube, compression shorts, long sleeve compression shirt, mock turtle UA Cold Gear, longish finger gloves, sweat cap, and I was still cold. This weight loss thing has some downsides.

Rider: All the usual stuff - breathing, joints, muscle access, balance, nerves - all AOK. Tough to gauge my endurance this early in the season at this temperature. I went, and that's good.

Hopefully, go again tomorrow, and it's warmer !!


Comments

Popular Posts