combine of exercise logs elliptical sets 20190912 and weight lifting 20190915

There are two exercise sessions described here.

September 12, 2019: worn out old guy cardio

It was Thursday morning, after two 6 match nights at work. I went to bed way too late, work up too early, and had to do something.

2 x 20 minutes on the elliptical machine, first, intervals, second, 80% HRM (220-age=154). I'm not sure there's any numbers from this machine that I care about. Intervals are simply increased rates of resistance. As long as I'm there, I've got most of the work in. No progressing here, now.

As for the 80% HRM, it happened almost immediately after the intervals. I still do not get the UI on the machine, but hey - I'm not the target market, either. Anyhow, just go fast enough to get my heart rate to target, and the machine control panel is happy.

Left my legs getting heavier all day. Even my shoulders weren't thrilled. I'd do it again !!

September 15, 2019: moving into GVT weight lifting

Picked up 1000 pounds, over last session, by putting 10 more pounds on the lat pulldown 100 reps. Didn't take any more time to complete the session. I'll add more weight next time. 10 or 20??

The numbers: 13,525 pounds, 17 minutes, 796 pounds/minute.

I rarely pay much attention to the number of reps it takes "to failure". But, I do pay more to the 3 stages of "to failure". Today, I was more in the "more intense" parts of failing.

Beyond "don't want to" and well into "maybe just stop here". That's a good thing.

Comments

Popular Posts