It will soon be a time to Bulk weight lifting exercise log 20190906


My records indicate that it's been 39 days (7/29/19) since the last weight lifting session. And, it felt like I was out of condition. The numbers show that as well.

Total weight, 10,820 pounds. Total Duration, 15 minutes. Total Pounds per Minute, 728.

Still inside the "good enough" box.



My weight / fat loss plan is to gain mass at my current weight. So, next exercise set (which will be 18) will be based on a strategy called German Volume Training (GVT).

The intention is to warm up, via single arm dumbbell rows, and then do 10 sets of 10 reps of each of:

  • DB squats
  • dumbbell chest press
  • seated cable row
  • seated facepull
  • cable pull thrus
  • acc ecc neutral grip lat pulldown

Per GVT, if each set has 60 seconds rest, which implies 6 (exercises) x 10 sets each x 10 reps = a VERY LONG TIME of 60 minutes rest. That's too long, so cutting back to 15 seconds rest  is 15 minutes rest. I may just go to minimal rest, and let my body decide how long to rest. That 'stopwatch' to time rest is a PITA.

To start, each rep is done at nominal 50% RM, which will be based on what I currently do in exercise set 17. So, I need to work thru some math to see if even that weight is too much. In prior sessions, I tended to max out at 30K pounds, so starting at 10k-15k pounds looks plausible.

I do not want to split body part work across multiple sessions (ie - rather do full body all in one session). Which implies 50% RM is too much weight (I think), so maybe more like 25%.

Considering I've never done this pattern before, I'm going to go as light as I think I can cope with for first time. If it's "too easy", I'll know soon enough. Experience, dontChaKno.

I'll continue doing Tabata water row, 3 x 2500 meter water row, 20 minute x2 of elliptical intervals amd straight cardio, and bike riding, as the mood strikes. But I ought to have the weight work done weekly or so, not monthly ...

Comments

Popular Posts