History of my Weight Loss, October 2019

Welcome to my confessional. Let's get to it.

My purpose for losing weight - body fat specifically - is to reverse / slow the progress of being a T2D. The tactics to do that:
  • ketogenic diet - which means low carb, like 0 to 50 grams per day, and never more than 30 grams at one meal
  • high protein diet - which means at least 1 gram protein per pound of body weight (e.g. at 170 pounds weight, I should consume 170 grams of protein daily
  • calorie restricted diet - my daily target is 1700 calories per day
  • high electrolyte intake - grams per day of sodium, potassium, magnesium, boron, zinc (if you want quantity numbers, look down below)
  • high water intake - at least 2 - 4 liters per day of liquid intake (water, sparkling water, coffee, tea, diet coke, et al)
  • exercise - weight lifting, HIIT water rowing, road bike riding, plain old vanilla cardio on elliptical or water row machines, with only 1 or 2 rest days between sessions. Please know, though, for most people it is impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Go lookup bulk and cut.
The 30 day weight range chart shows my daily weight measure, 30 day max and min weight, a 9 day moving average, and a simple linear regression thru the daily weight.

The July Cape Cod times were awesome. It took about a month for me to recover. My opinion is that my body rebels from strict dieting after a certain amount of weight loss. Given persistence and time, another step down appears. As long as the moving average numbers are going down, I'm winning. Else, I need to tighten the screws a bit. Much respect for the regression line.

The daily numbers bounce around. Here's a somewhat more stable view, but really, it's just a WoW change. You may see, or suspect, there's some seasonality there. There's a theory for winter / spring / summer / fall eating patterns. Animals in the real world, that we are, I quite believe that's true.
Numbers fans will find these MoM changes more palatable. October was a good month, even if I couldn't maintain the minimums from September.

So, what? Here we go again. I want my body fat % in the teens - 15% would be amazing. Maybe even see my abs. Maybe even show someone else my abs. Vanity aside, visceral fat is evil - ok, pathological. It's got to go.

Footnote: Human Metabolism of THC. Really, there's no calories in THC, and there's a goodly amount in alcohol. Calories really matter. The discussion of smoking versus ingestion is interesting. The discussion about paranoia is particularly timely. You know who you are ...

Footnote: Electrolyte needs on a keto diet

Most people learn the hard way ...

Comments

Wes said…
Well done! Your excel skills continue to develop! And, you're losing weight to boot! :-)

Keep up the good work!
rich ruscio said…
Thank you.

I would prefer more better faster, though.

Popular Posts