Letting the days go by: simple 30 minute water row 20191104

There's been a lot going on this week. Thanks for asking about it. Here's the what's what ...

My prior exercise log is 


A week ago, I did what's the usual warm up / work to failure / 10 x 10 sets. I felt great, was determined, willing to work at intensity. All good. Except that I believe I strained my right leg lateral collateral ligament. Remember that first rule of exercise? Don't injure yourself? Well.

Tuesday it was sore, and climbing the ladder at the volleyball factory was uncomfortable. Wednesday, it was slightly worse. Both days I went back and hit the meloxicam. CBD didn't help much. Friday was my first time grocery shopping wearing my knee brace. Saturday, traveling to Connecticut in the back of a nice Volvo, was much knee quiet time. Long story there, but as per my usual, there was friendship, and whiskey, involved. Sunday, the return trip, with shopping trips in Great Barrington for me, and upstate NY for Freihofer chocolate chip cookies. Multiple long stories there. Finally, home, and back to my more regular routine and environment.

Today, I needed to get back to it, so I did an easy 30 minutes on the water row machine. Stroke rate 25-29 (usually 30-32), wattage 45-60 (usually 90-120). Easy 30 minutes. Let's see how the knee responds. Feels OK so far ...

Comments

Popular Posts