the fear is behind me: weight lifting exercise log 20191123

In the last episode of lifting to failure, I violated the #1 Rule: do not injure your self. During the dumbbell squats, I got a little too intense, and strained my right knee lateral collateral ligament.

Not only did that take weeks and light workouts to resolve, it left me with a lingering feeling of fear. Fear of doing more damage, fear of pain, fear of not being able to exercise, fear of the implications of all that.

Fear. Well, f' that. Be not afraid.

I could have used the water row machine, or the elliptical machine, or stayed home and played with resistance bands. No.

So, I did this: my usual exercise set and patterns: warmup, dumbbell work to failure, cable work to failure, and 2 x 100 reps of pull thrus and pull downs. The usual.

Dumbbell rows were a bit difficult. Squats were easy !! but, I didn't hard press for that last rep. All the rest were pretty straight forward. Both pull thrus and pull downs need more weight, as they were done in 4 x 25 rep sets. Want them closer to 10 x 10. So, next time, add 10 pounds to 95 total.

Comments

Popular Posts