History of my weight loss, January, 2020

My not-so-original idea was that, if I were to lose weight, my T2D would go into remission or better, leave me completely. The first mod to that, was that I needed to lose body fat and retain / build muscle mass, for the T2D impacts to realize. My current mod to that, is that this work is never going to end for me (precludes "leave me completely"), that every once in a while I need relief from the discipline, and that my body weight hardly matters.

So, have I lost weight? For certain ..

Body Weight, pounds
The data is 2019 to present. The trend is assuredly down. The stepwise decline is serious discipline, followed by relief periods. Cut, attempt to bulk, cut, just chill, cut, ...

The Neverending Story.

I do not wish to weigh less than 160 pounds. On January 17, 2020, my weight was 160.8. At that point, it was time for me to take a break. Boy, howdy, yeah. The Breakfast Blondies are great.

I'd show a fat loss chart, but it looks exactly the same as the weight loss chart.

Whole, non Fat, and Fat Weights, pounds, by month start
The data table shows monthly progress. It may make the stepwise decline a bit more obvious.


Screamingly obvious is that I do not show significant weight regain. So, lifestyle change embedded?

The overarching goal is to get T2D into remission or better. There is overwhelming evidence that insulin resistance, hypo- / hyper-insulemia,  and hypo- / hyper-glycemia are bad for people. Like, dementia, CVD, and other fun old age things. The issue is control, not max/min. The improvement process, is diet and exercise. Don't that just suck. To avoid drowning, don't swallow water, and swim better.

Diet is to control what goes in your mouth, and when. My diet is lower carb, higher protein, don't much care fat and alcohol, and time restricted feeding. Here's a view of incoming ...

Percent kCalories by Macro
Improving discipline over time. I'd like to push protein well over 40%, carbs to 10%. Non trivial for me.

Please know, "ketosis" is a metabolic condition that happens when the liver glycogen stores are mostly empty. There's a lot of different macro paths to get there. There's are various medical reasons to choose various paths.

But, it isn't a macro mix, or a diet. It is a glycogen free liver.

Macro Grams and Body Weight
I think it was this chart that made me realize why so many bodybuilders exclusively eat chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli, 100% of the time. My food intakes are many and varied, and it shows in the numbers.

Elimination diets work for many things. I don't have, or want, one of them. Well, maybe Carnivore ...

So, what to do next? Press down on carbs, up on protein, maintain kCalorie total intake, exercise as often as practical (3 x 2500m water row, road bike 10+ miles, weight lifting, Tabata water row).

Supplements is still an unwritten about topic. No ambition. But, I do expect to restart Metformin this month, and probably stop berberine. Metformin, with insurance coverage, is way, way lower cost to me than berberine. Like a 90 day supply at my current/past take rates, is 10x more for one than the other.

Diet and exercise. Who knew.

Peace out ...

Comments

legalsteroids said…
great peace of info thanks for sharing.
Wes said…
Well done, old friend! Now, just keep it up! (or off?)

Popular Posts