Standing on the mountain I don't know what to say Angel on my shoulder: weight lifting exercise log 20200216


Prior exercise session. Prior weight moving session.

My sleep cycles thru better and worse. Better gets me awake later, which gets me to the gym later. It's all good.

Today I had my choice of any of 'the usual', and I went for moving weight. By the numbers, total weight, duration, and rate are all OK.

My concern about adding volume or weight is that I don't want to spend more time doing this. For example, I could push the so-called 10 x 10 exercises weight to truly require 10 reps per rest time, but it'll add a minute to each set. Not sure I want that.

OTOH, the reps per on the to failure sets are approaching 'need more volume', as are the 10 x 10s.

I need to face up to the music. I'm at the top of this mountain, and I don't know what to say. Maybe I'll ask the Angel on my shoulder ...

Peace out ...

Comments

Wes said…
How about "Keep up the good work!"
rich ruscio said…
Thank you. Bear in mind, though, that the intent is to present my body with a repeating challenge, that it needs to adapt to. That includes the mental and physical parts. Once adapted to these stresses, no more adaptation, hence no more physical improvement. And, that's the improvement I want.

Popular Posts