listen to the Tabata timer talk: Tabata water row 20200203

Prior exercise session here. Prior Tabata water row session here. No music, because I listen to the Tabata timer talk at me a lot.

It's been a while since I did this Tabata thing. It is

5 minutes warm up
4 sets of {
30 second sprint, 15 seconds rest
30 second sprint, 15 seconds rest
30 second sprint, 15 seconds rest
30 second sprint, 2 minutes slow row}
3 minutes cool down

It always seems so much easier when I write it out, compared to when I actually do it.

Stroke rate was good at 30-31. Power output was OK (100s-120s), except that I cheated every chance I had (slow first pull, skip the last pull if it was after 27 seconds or so). Obvious gas outs in both 1st and 2nd sets, but not 3rd or 3th. 

One thing of note was my breathing. It has been totally unremarkable, but this time, it was the tiniest bit more difficult to catch my breath. 

I suspect all of the items - cheating, gas outs, breathing - are related to the 2 week distance between this Tabata session and the prior one. The paranoid among us may have other reasons.

Don't know what or when is next. Sometimes, volleyball nights really gas me out the next day. But, to be delicate, IDGAF.

Peace out ...

Comments

Popular Posts