Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind: weight lifting exercise log 20200211

Prior exercise session here. Prior weight lifting session here. Title from Seals and Crofts "Summer Breeze". Wishful thinking here, in mid-February. Lord knows, when the cold wind blows ...

In spite of all my complaining (see below), the total weight was only a bit lower, and the rate a bit slower. Still working in the "it's OK" zone.


It's a long time since 1/27/2020, and the weights just get heavier with time. First 2 exercises were difficult, felt heavy. Next 3, to failure, were considerably fewer reps than prior. Facepulls were marked by inconsistent form, stalls at 20 in last 2 sets. Pull thrus felt heavy. Lat pulldowns weren't really 5 x 20, but 2 x 20, then 4 x 15, and that last 15 was difficult / poor form.

But, I did it, and that's something.

Given that I do not intend to "lose more weight", plus or minus a few pounds notwithstanding, I need to do something different to try to shed body fat. A walking program, on a treadmill, is the plan. Hopefully, I'll do that on so-called rest days. We shall see.

Peace out ...

Comments

Popular Posts