short distance road bike exercise log 20200326


At last. Last bike ride was last October, when I was swearing at the XOSS G+ bike computer. Haven't started swearing at it, yet, this year. Soon, if I ever get a warm day I'm willing to work outside. Lots of that coming.

The Ride: Mostly flat / low rollers. The road was dusty, but in excellent shape. Traffic was light, except for one place, where there were two people plus one dog coming toward me, one person walking away, a right turn intersection, and a car in my blind spot wanting to turn right. And, we all met at the same place, just prior to the right turn. My nerves still work ...

Equipment: The bike is in good shape. I didn't even try shifting, which is a good thing. Brakes, power train, tires all good. Pedal grips and shoe clips can use a spot of WD-40. Need to get the G+ mount attached, and using it into my rhythm. No rush.

Apparel: Still wearing my oldest bib shorts. I'm never going to grow those lower quads back. Oh well. All's well, no issues.

Rider: 5 points of contact ok. Feet fine. Hands cold-ish, a bit unused to the pressure. Butt (which I didn't lube) inner/upper thigh rubbed. Nothing of interest. Legs felt ok, but calves are mosDef out of riding shape. Breathing normal, even a bit better. Balance felt great. Road ride nerves were solid, and that's important to me ...

Now, if only the weather would cooperate. Looks like hell next few weeks ...

Stay safe. Peace out.

Comments

Popular Posts