in the Days of COVID-19: resistance band training exercise log 20200324


A few different things today. My resistance bands come in a set of 3. Prior, using the blue lightest one. Today, using the middle black one (not shown). Used my lifting gloves, to get a better, less painful grip on the bands.

The exercise sets:
pull thrus
kneeling accentuated pull downs
kneeling & standing chest press
squats
kneeling face pulls



Work was done as 2 circuits of 25 reps each. With 2x the changeovers, and a determination to good form and no rush, it was a nice workout.

But, I do miss the cable machine ...

My lifting gloves are old, and heavy leather ...

There'll be more exercises added to this set. Pallof press, rows, alternative positioning pull downs and presses, raises, good mornings, ...

When I get 4 I really like / in proper form, I'll try a Tabata cycle.

But, for now ...

Stay well and safe. Peace out.

Comments

Wes said…
Well, I'm not sure what happened to Facebook, but whatever...

Glad to see that you are improvising your workout routine. One note of caution -- last winter when doing PT for my torn meniscus, I was using a resistance band to do some oddball exercise. The thing broke. (Very dramatic, but there were no injuries.) My PT tech said he had never seen that happen before.

Keep up the good work!

Popular Posts