Intensity: Tabata water row 20200314

Intensity was the theme today ...

Prior Tabata water row session here. Prior exercise session here. Description of Intensity here.

It's been quite the week. Everyone I know who trades, or deals with managing money, or deals with "people", was exhausted. Me too. So, once I got over feeling sorry for myself, I re-embraced the suck, and walked to the community center and the water row machine. The cold temps helped.

I am always thinking about how to generate intensity when I exercise. I'm strong enough to half-ass my way thru the weight lifting and 3 x 2500m water row stuff, and still have my numbers look OK. My routine visit was with my Doc this week, where I expressed my concerns that I didn't seem to be able to generate the same intensity while lifting that I had in the past. He looked me in the eye, and said "Well, you are 66".

That was enough to keep me pissed off for this entire session. So, that was good advice !!

You'll recall ...

5 minutes warm up
4 sets of {
30 second sprint, 15 seconds rest
30 second sprint, 15 seconds rest
30 second sprint, 15 seconds rest
30 second sprint, 2 minutes slow row}
3 minutes cool down

Stroke rate 30-31. Power output 110s-120s, some 130s, few 90s.

Stay safe. Get healthier. Peace out.

Comments

Popular Posts