Exercise Log 20190127

This morning's weather was hostile. 30 mph winds, mildly cold, snow blasts. Made the visibility poor, and kept me from seeing how I'm going outside to lift weight at the gym. So, Tabata time !

My Tabata cycle this session was 4 sets of 4 minute intervals, which is 8 x 30 seconds each (20 work and 10 rest), performing 4 exercises (squats, good mornings, pull thrus and Pallof Press), using the same resistance band as last time (Theraband green 4.6-6.7 lbs.). I could have used my new heavier bands, but wanted to add the 4th set first.

The most difficult part is the changeover from the Pallof Press to the squat, because I need to get the band in place under my feet. Second most difficult is sucking wind between sets.

I think I want a yoga mat, to both help with a more sticky surface between my feet / the band / the floor, as well as to encourage me to do some of the full and half kneeling exercises I did in prior resistance band cycles. Like, these ...

  • 1/2 kneeling face pull
  • 1/2 kneeling pull apart
  • 1/2 kneeling chest press
  • 1/2 kneeling overhead triceps extension
  • 1/2 kneeling pallof press
  • 1/2 kneeling row

No pretty numbers things, or pictures, either. Just doing it is plenty for me.

Comments

Popular Posts