Exercise Log 20190202

I needed to exercise today. Rattling around my head was doing something Tabata drill like in the fitness center, before or after the usual session with weights. So, I used the water rowing machine.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0B3-00PT-00014
I learned a long time ago, that the best way to train, is to not get injured. So, today's session was intended to work on my form, get into a sweat, and see if there was some way to vary the intensity of the work. The movement pattern is somewhat more complicated than I expected ...

https://firstdegreefitness.com/benefits-indoor-rowing/indoor-rowing-technique/
Once you're seated and feet strapped in: Bend your knees until your shins are vertical, back tilted forward a bit, and your arms fully extended. Push back with your legs, and when the resistance kicks in, begin to pull with your arms. Finish the stroke with your legs fully extended, your arms fully retracted, and your back tilted backwards a bit. Prep for the next stroke by bending your knees, and extending your arms, until you're back in the starting position. Easy, right? That's 1.

It took me about 20 minutes before I was comfortable with my stroke form, kinda, and 30 minutes until I was willing to push it / up my intensity. Which immediately proved that my form wasn't grooved yet. But, I persevered. It'll get better with practice.

I went 45 minutes, and could have gone longer. But, when I went to unstrap and stand up, my legs were kinda mushy !! Way cool ...

Notes:

  • Go find info about interval training with this type of machine.
  • Submit a maintenance request asking that Max / Min gets checked, because I am most def not an Olympic rowing sprint person.
  • Learn about my Tabata timer on my phone to set up different cycle times.



Comments

Popular Posts