In House Band Tabata - Exercise Log 20190211

Last exercise session was Tabata on the rowing machine, in 4 minute, 2 minute cycles. My issue with it was being unable to reach 'high intensity', because ... I dunno why. So, I researched more on the subject. Have you ever seen pictures of those lean, athletic peeps laying on the floor, next to their exercise spot, totally exhausted from their exercise? That's what I'm looking to get to.

So, I figured, I'll get up, go hit the weights Hard, and see if I can exhaust myself on heavy weight. Current program, after all, has a last-set-to-failure for exch exercise. Yeah, well, no. For a bunch of reasons, I wanted to be home.

I also have a nice new yoga mat, and I really like the pattern ...



And, long ago, the next heavier set of resistance bands arrived, and had remained unused. This is the lightest of the 3 new ones ...


So, the fast Tabata cycle ...

  • Warmup
  • 20 seconds 'as hard as I can go' band exercise
  • 10 seconds rest
  • Repeat those 30 seconds 8 times, 4 minutes total.
  • Rest a minute or so
  • Perform 2 more 4 minute cycles
  • Done !!

The 4 exercises in use are banded squats, banded good mornings, banded pull thrus, and banded Pallof presses (once each side).

The yoga mat helps with friction, with my feet holding the ends of the band in place, for the squats and good mornings.

This 3 x 4 minutes (12 minute) cycle feels more intense, to me, than the water rowing 6 x 6 minutes (36 minute) cycle, which is more intense than the 40 minute 26,000 pound weight moving session. I do wonder why ...

Comments

Popular Posts