Not So Fast Exercise Log 20190228

Today was a semblance of a normal Thursday morning. Got to the weights before 9am, because it took me a while to drink the 2 cups of coffee needed. In spite of the weather. I'm tired of winter.

Today's also my first exercise session in the absence of metformin. Looking for clues as to what difference it makes. I'm mostly thinking I'll only be able to tell if / when I'm on my road bike. And for now, it's too cold. Come on Spring.

The only odd thing that happened today, was that I dropped a 25 pound dumbbell, just moving from use on the bench to the floor. I haven't dropped one in years. Go figure ...

By the numbers: total weight 32,360 pounds; duration, 51 minutes; pounds per minute, 635. Right down the middle of the goodness box, so there's that lack of clue.












Notes: Setting up the bench and cable machine for seated rows takes an extra minute or so, so I've taken to doing that Before I record the start time. It's a small cheat, but I like it.

I am curious about the mind body connection failure that got me to drop a dumbbell. Better 2 feet from the floor that 8 inches over my face, but still. WTF?

The sets driven to failure are mostly showing reps of about 3-5 'extra'. Curious that it's stuck there. Wondering if the limit is more mental than physical.

Tuesday morning I got an old guy pneumonia vaccine shot, and the PA told me the shot location - upper left arm - would be sore for a few days. Yes. And it wasn't thrilled about lifting this morning. Takes my mind off the old rotator cuff :-)

Comments

Popular Posts