Exercise Log 20190209

My last exercise session was Tuesday, February 4, 2019. A very long time ago, as these things go. But, Wed is volleyball night, when I get heavily caffeinated to stay focused, with usually a 2am bedtime. Thursday is deep into the 40-ish hour fast, when I am, occasionally, not my most energetic self. Friday sometimes finds me feeling ass kicked, and is a refeed day. So, here we are, Saturday.

I wanted to take it easy, with the longish layoff. So, water rowing machine, not weights. And, not too easy, so a Tabata cycle

  • 10 minute warm up. Required because it is useful, my form sucks, and my head's not always fully in the game.
  • 4 minutes sprint row. As hard as I can go, without breaking form.
  • 2 minutes easy row. Not just sitting there, but not working hard, at all.
  • Repeat those last 6 minutes for 5 more cycles, 6 cycles total.
  • 1 minute cool down. Also gives my legs a chance to recover so standing is more reliable.
Notes: Since the phone had to be at hand for the Tabata timer, I listened to music on Pandora. Metallica Station. My first time, ever, exercising to music. I think earbuds would be better. It gets noisy in the fitness center.

Add the 10 minute warm up to the Tabata timer setup. No need to use my phone clock timer.

My max pace seems to be 30 strokes per minute. During each 4 minute cycle, it slowed from 30 to 27-ish. That pace is probably my best indicator of fitness and form.

It is, so far, difficult to maintain focus and intensity. Not sure what's the issue with focus.

A 2 minute cool down might be better.

After I was done, I adjusted the foot holders down, to see if I could get into a tighter crunch ("shins vertical"). I think that'll help, but frankly, I didn't care at the time. I was done.

Tomorrow's another day. Maybe I'll do this again. I'm liking this machine :-)



Comments

Popular Posts