HIIT Them Weights Exercise Log 20190223

The past month or so, my pounds per minute rate has been declining a bit, and I've been transitioning to do both Tabata cycles on the water row machine, and the 'lift to failure' exercise set. God only knows what my weight loss, diet, and other metabolic messes contributed. Today was much, much better.

It started out with a party with Good Friends Friday night, with much laughter, food, wine, and tequila. I ate and drank with joyous abandon. It was all good. As expected, my BG numbers were high, but this night, I didn't size my shot to lower them to "normal". Just enough for my guess at a basal dose. In the morning, my numbers were, still, high. Two giant cups of black tea later, I went to lift.

I crushed it. By the numbers: total weight, 21,710 pounds, duration, 45 minutes, pounds per minute 705 (high end of the Zone of Goodness).



I believe the beneficial impacts of high BG numbers, 4 days between weight lifting sessions, and alternating workouts between the water row machine and lifting, are the main drivers. It would be great if that were truth.

Notes: Hopefully, a regular exercise session schedule will continue. And, I'll do this again next time.

After session food was a can of tuna, onion powder, minced and stick celery, and more tea. I feel really good.

Comments

Popular Posts