Get Up WAY Early and Go Lift Anyway Exercise Log 20190312

For whatever reason, I woke up at 2am, and was dressed and about by 2:30am. I'd blame theDog, but I woke him up getting dressed. I was thinking it'd be tough for me to go lift under those circumstances. I thought wrong. The fitness center opens at 5:30am, and I was there before 6am.

Here's an Excel toy I'm fond of. It shows the distribution of pounds per minute by days rest:

Posted 20190312


Given some number of days between lifting sessions (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9), how much did I move at what rate? I've seen 3 days rest as the sweet spot, but the 7 and 9 days surprise me. Go figure ...







Today's numbers: total weight, 27, 946; duration in minutes, 40; pounds per minute, 699. Note that I need to move the targeted rate up as the trend approaches the top of the box.












Notes: For whatever reason, my left shoulder seems a bit tender right now, as well as during the entire session. Speculating it's the combination of 7 days between weight sets, and decent use during the water row Tabata sets of the past week. And people suggest that I exercise every day ...

For the second session in a row, I could not finish the intended 5 sets of lat pulldowns. At least, doing the 4th set seemed to be a really bad idea at the time.

All the other exercises went off OK. The extra reps to failure seem a little light.

Come on Spring. The road is calling me to go ride my bike. But, not at 29 degF.



Comments

Wes said…
Beware the tender shoulder....
rich ruscio said…
Indeed. It's a violation of my First Law.

So, I'll probably take tomorrow off.

Maybe.

Popular Posts