Light But Fast Exercise Log 20190305


There's an old saying, that the heaviest weight at the Gym is the front door. Today was my day to realize that. From holding the dog, to just a little more coffee, to screwing around with Excel, to whatever, I did not want to go outside into the 10 degF cold. Taking 2 days off from exercise starts to feel good.

But, my metabolic needs being what they are, I went. By the numbers: total weight 28,385; minutes duration 41; pounds per minute 692. Higher end of the sweet spot, just about on trend.












Notes: I always feel much stronger on 2 days rest, and am always reluctant to go lift (not water row, but lift) with only 1 off day. Maybe lift, off day, water row, off day, water row, 2 off days, lift ...

Strong I felt thru the failure set of pull thrus. Weak I felt when I bailed after the 3rd set of pulldowns. That bail cost me a few thousand pounds. It's good to gas out.

Given that I'm not bored, not failing under the sweet spot, not injured, I'm thinking this exercise set is just fine.

Comments

Wes said…
Not injured is good. Keep it that way. :-)
rich ruscio said…
The #1 reason people stop exercising is injury. If I'm going to, in part, replace drugs with exercise, not getting hurt is good.

Popular Posts