Tough To Get There From Here By Rowing Exercise Log 20190307

There are a pretty big number of reasons to not go exercise. This morning, my personal list was: late getting to bed because volleyball gets me home late; poor quality sleep, thanks to theDog; under 1,000 calories yesterday, and I want food; and the everlasting "it's cold outside". What to do? Simply, bribe myself with an offer for lunch, after I get back. It worked like a charm.

I'm always on the lookout for a hack that'll let me workout more frequently. Today I tried a much easier water row interval program, intended to easily burn calories:

5 minutes of easy rowing
6 cycles of
{
5 minutes moderate rowing
1 minute rest
}
3 minutes easy rowing to cool down

Before I go, Pandora is playing at home, and I ask Maripat if I should turn it off. No, please. She likes the station (Genesis). Get to the rower, pull out my phone, launch Pandora, which reminds me only 1 device at a time. OK, no, let's try Spotify. Launch that, and get an infinite spinning circle. No idea why. OK, no, let's try Amazon Prime Music, and get ...



By this time, I'm pissed. I'd brought racquetball gloves, thinking it'd take my hands out of the work. Turns out, I brought 2 right hand gloves, because, now I remember, they only come in one hand.

By this time, I'm beyond pissed, and ready to row. 5 minute easy warm up my glutes. It was a decent workout, but way easier than the 1 minute 30 second sets. Hopefully, though, it'll have been easy enough on me to get me back to it day after tomorrow.

And, I got lunch: 5.9 ounce ground beef patty smashed, a baked / cooled potato, and 4 baby dills.

Tomorrow is my next body composition measurement. Hope I'm pretty :-)

Comments

Popular Posts