Sprint Water Row Exercise Log 20190315

I had intended to exercise yesterday, to try to squeeze the most out of the long Wednesday fast. Nature had other intentions for me, though. On Wednesday afternoon, while in the garage, I apparently ground my teeth together in just the right way, to chip my upper right cuspid. Swell. Off to the dentist at 9am Thursday, on not much sleep, and no food, for a quick patch job. And then a lunch date with two of my Fraternity Brothers, one of whom I've not seen for 45 years.

Oh well.

So today, it was back to my current Tabata setup:

5 cycles of
{
    4 sets of
{
        60 seconds full out (at least 30 strokes per minute)
        30 seconds easy row or rest
}
        2 minutes easy row or rest
}
Easy row or rest until you can stand up without issue.

My form is greatly improved. On the splits I counted for, I was doing nearly 40 strokes per minute on the first 15 seconds of many of the 60 second full out rows. I did not notice any of the 60 second splits going under 30 strokes per minute. But I'm telling you, the last 15 seconds of those minute rows gets a lot longer. So there's still progress to be had on this setup.

I need to be cautious of my quad tendons, knees and shoulders. As my form improves I can pull harder with both my shoulders and lower back, as I push harder with my legs. All those parts and pieces aren't as happy right now as I'd prefer.

The fitness center was empty / private to me at 7am, so no need for earbuds. And, wonder of wonders, Pandora's Metallica Station played, mostly, Metallica!!

Great day. Let's see what tomorrow brings.


Comments

Popular Posts