Second InBody Scan 20190308

Yesterday, I had my second body composition scan on an InBody My contact with that machine comes thru Mike DeBole. His email address is info@rocwellweightloss.com . Recommended.

My interest in having a professional body composition scan comes from both wanting a second opinion on my progress, and for calibrating my head against my EnerPlex scale measurements versus the InBody hardware.

Let's get right to the InBody numbers of interest.

Partial List of InBody Measures

These aren't all the numbers from the scan report. But they're the values of most interest to me.

Total Body water is down 4.6 pounds, and the numbers compare closely to my EnerPlex scale values.

Dry Lean Mass is down 2 pounds. I've no obvious equivalent from my EnerPlex scale (_fatFreeBodyWeight_lbs is close, but not dry).

Body Fat Mass is down 3.9 pounds. The ratio of 2:3.9 is very close to what I get from my EnerPlex scale's values. I lose about .5 pounds fat free body weight to every pound of body fat. The December value versus my oldest EnerPlex scale measured value is very close (53.1 vs 53.2). The most recent values are 49.2 versus 43.5, and that's a huge disconnect. More on that in a bit.

Weight is down 10.5 pounds. The December InBody value (194.2) is close to my earliest EnerPlex scale value (193.4). My 3/8/19 EnerPlex scale value was 179.2, compared to the InBody at 183.7. Some of that discrepancy was my clothes, and my coffee weight. Still, 4.5 pounds is a big difference.

Skeletal Muscle Mass is down 4 pounds. The InBody values are about 10 pounds lower than my EnerPlex scale. The 4 pound drop is about the same as my EnerPlex scale.

Percent Body Fat is down .6 percent, while my EnerPlex scale has me down by more than 3 percent. This is a different way to view the huge disconnect of Body Fat Mass and Weight.

My conclusions:

  • I do not understand why the InBody and EnerPlex scales measure my body fat so differently. Perhaps I should blame the coffee ...
  • Many of the other similar measures have approximate equivalent values and rates of change.
  • No matter the measuring device, my fat loss rate is too slow for my comfort.
  • The lean to fat loss rate is too high. I need to keep more muscle, and lose more fat, than I'm currently doing.


Comments

Popular Posts