Watts Up With That Water Rowing Exercise Log 20190323

I've learned a bit more about the water row computer. With experience comes knowledge.

500m time shown is roughly the distance over time normalized to 500m. Works ok for long stretches of rowing, not so good for Tabata sets. In real time, my 500m times were 2:20-ish. Still slow, but not as bad as it looks.

My stroke per minute time was consistently close to 30. That's a good thing.

My wattage - power output - varied considerably, depending. What I wrote last time is just wrong. During my 10 minute warm up, I was doing 15-30 watts. During each Tabata set, numbers ranged from 75 to 130. Things I noticed: The better my form was, the higher my power output. When I tried to goose the number by altering form, I could, but I could not recover fast enough to avoid the post-goose dip. My wattage increased with each of the first 3 cycles (70-100), flat in 4 (80-100), down in 5 (75-85). Useful to know for pushing my endurance.

From this, I found this about cycling ... Assuming a weight of 70 kg (a bit more than 154 lbs.), the average rider will be able to maintain a power output of 163.8 watts for the 20 minute effort while the pro will maintain 429.8 watts. I have a ways to go :-)

My exercise program is ...

5 cycles of
{
    4 sets of
{
        60 seconds full out (at least 30 strokes per minute)
        30 seconds easy row or rest
}
        2 minutes easy row or rest
}
Easy row or rest until you can stand up without issue.

Plan is to rest 2 days and then lift weights. We'll see ...

Comments

Popular Posts