Now, With Even More Data !! Water Row Exercise Log 20190321

I've been trying to alternate between water rowing and moving weight the old fashioned way, in the hope that I'd have more exercise sessions in a week. Let's look at the scoreboard for that.

Yeah, not so much. My need for 2 days off between sessions seems to have increased. Bunch of confounding factors:
  • Old and lazy
  • Better form on the water row machine allows for higher intensity
  • Dropping metformin hopefully allows improved VO2Max and better mitochondrial respiration, both contributing to higher intensity
  • Using March as a higher carb consumption time, trying to move insulin sensitivity up
Any suggestions for other factors welcomed.

My current water row Tabata setup:

5 cycles of
{
    4 sets of
{
        60 seconds full out (at least 30 strokes per minute)
        30 seconds easy row or rest
}
        2 minutes easy row or rest
}
Easy row or rest until you can stand up without issue.

At long last, the formerly unworking water row machine instrument panel has been replaced. It looked like this when I was done today ...

I spent 43:30 on that sucker, from the time I first pulled on the handle, to the time I stopped pulling.

My 500 meter times averaged 3:44. No clue if that's good, bad, or indifferent.

Level 4 is max resistance. P is I don't have a chest strap.

Distance, of 5835, is, I assume, in meters.

SPM is strokes per minute. My target has been 30, and I was on it most sets. Rarely under 29, occasionally over 31.

Cal Hour is the integration of the individual "calorie' measurements, over the rowing time. I watched values from 300 to 700 go by. This number, in real time, showed an annoying tendency to decline over the course of the session.

Watt wasn't watched too closely. I think the range was 300 to 700, but I can't clearly recall.


Here's the decoder key from the user's manual. And yes, that's all of it.

ownersmanual-vik3ar_apr18.pdf

Not sure what'll happen Saturday morning. Maybe I can get in a one day rest between 2 water row sessions, then two days off, then weights. Live and learn.

Comments

rich ruscio said…
"Needs work". Good thing I'm over 50. Way over ...

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-test-your-athleticism-in-2-minutes

Popular Posts