3 by 2500 Meters is Water Row Exercise Log 20190330

Once upon a time, it occurred to me that I might like to do something on the water row machine that was not a Tabata type exercise. Something easier, like 3 x 2500 meter pieces. I am occasionally profoundly stupid.

On the left, you see what the water row machine computer had when I was done.

On the right, you see my phone screenshot. I was using it as a split time recorder. Which sounds easy, unless you row 2500 meters, and then need to press the lap & pause, buttons.

My stroke rate started at 24, and got to 27 before the end of the first 2500, and generally stayed there thru most of the 7500. Until, with the last 300 meters to go, when I sprinted at 31 SPM. Just to cheat on the 500M timer :-)

My wattage was generally in the 50's and 60's. When my form was good, higher. When my concentration and form slipped, lower. I seem to have hit kind of a wall around 6800 meters, but recovered to finish strong.

2 minutes rest between splits. And boy howdy, did I sweat.

Today's music was an Amazon Music playlist, of all the Black Sabbath albums on the Prime Members service. There's a lot of Dio with the band on there.

I had intended to lift weight today, but frankly, I was too hungover. Dinner out with good friends, and before and after at their home, with the bottle of tequila I brought. Wish the weather would warm up, because riding to burn off a hangover works better.

All done on one Big cup of coffee. I admit to taking ibuprofen when I got home. Multiple reasons for that.

Till next time ...

Comments

Popular Posts