Pull Way More Than You Push Exercise Log 20190309


I've read a lot about how to exercise, with an emphasis on not injuring myself. One thing that I'm fully in tune with is that I should be doing 3x more rows than presses - pull versus push.

Perhaps a water row machine could help with that? Considering that it's all pull and no push.

Two days ago I did a bunch of sets of 5 minute rows and 1 minute rests, at a moderate pace. The intent was simply to burn calories. I did it, but wasn't happy about the lack of intensity. Don't know why I cared about that, but I did and do.

So today, it was back to my current Tabata setup:

5 cycles of
{
    4 sets of
{
        60 seconds full out (at least 30 strokes per minute)
        30 seconds easy row or rest
}
        2 minutes easy row or rest
}
Easy row or rest until you can stand up without issue.

Of the 20 full out 60 second sprints, I probably did half over 30 strokes per minute, and only a few under. My form is greatly improved. I've dropped the idea of wearing gloves for now. I was careful with Pandora home and away. Everything just worked.

Next up: 2 off days, maybe. Then, weights.



Comments

Popular Posts