I've been to London, seen seven wonders, I know to trip is just to fall weight lifting Exercise Log 20190709

You can find the song here.

Today had some interesting moments.

First time today, my pre-workout was 5 grams creatine monohydrate, plus 15 grams unflavored gelatin. See reasons here. I, of course, forgot to take the vitamin C part of the PRE-workout until after I got back.

Preparation was simple enough. Into an empty, dry water glass, put 2 packages of gelatin (almost exactly 15 grams), and 1 tsp creatine (almost exactly 5 grams). Add cold water, and swirl to combine. Except, gelatin blooms in the presence of water. So, quick, get a spoon, and stir.

At this point, I was concerned how my throat would react to swallowing this stuff. Fortunately, I am a Man of Experience when it comes to jello shots and coconut cream pie, so I got most of it down in 2 gulps. Remarkably tasteless. Creatine monohydrate has the consistency of fine sand, and barely more solubility. Adding gel to it actually improved the swallowing experience !! Getting the rest out of the glass was more water, and stirring, and difficult, than I anticipated. Quite the way to start out !!

Anyway, on with the numbers:

Total Weight: 12,330 pounds
Minutes Duration: 13
Pounds per Minute: 948

Rather than using the difficult-for-me-to-read cable box clock, I use the clock on my phone. In addition to being able to read it, I can fudge round the +- one minute problem, and mediate the fake duration problem (+- is 881, 1028). Closer is better.

Notes: My physical state felt great moving the weights. My mental state was ok, but lacked the GAF intensity that I occasionally bring.  So, some of my sets to failure were genuine (can't move the weight), but some were annoyingly volitional (won't move the weight). No wonder ephedrine is part of the classic EAC stack. It brings focus and intensity, as well as maybe other things. I've been thinking about this tactic for years, and haven't done it. Yet, maybe. I already do the CA part.

The cable pullthru needs to get heavier. Maybe the lat pulldown and cable row as well.

I wish the fitness center had dumbbells heavier than 25 pounds. And, no, I have no intention whatsoever of buying my own. I'll maybe, someday, try using the full bar on the cable machine.

And, one of my neighbors, a 69 or 70 yo lady, was breathing heavily as I got there. She'd just finished what was, to her, a strenuous workout. Why? Prep to take the hike to Tiger's Nest Monastery. Just so she could tell herself that she did it. Wholly Carp !!! Much respect !!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Its really helpful.

Popular Posts