The pressure upon you is so unreal Struggle within it suits you fine water row 3 x 2500m Exercise Log

The video is here. Yes, the playlist was all the Metallica studio albums available with my Amazon Prime account.

Saturday was a mid range road bike ride, and yesterday was supposed to be a rest day. Well, no formal exercise, but I surely worked my mouth ...

So, as a consequence of the stuff I stuffed my face with, my before bed BG numbers were high, and last evenings Lantus dose was as much as I'm willing to take. This morning, they were still what ya'll Normals would call "high". So, off to go beat up the water row machine.

Got my game face on, steady stride down the street to the fitness center, the room door is open, lights off, and I'm ready to ...

Find my talkable neighbor in the back corner on a crunch machine.

A bit of relationship keeping chit chat. Then, earbuds in, Metallica on, lap timer set, and off I go.

Usually I warm up for 5 minutes. Screw that, I just went for it. Against a goal of 15 minutes per 2500m split, I did:

1) 15:17
2) 15:07
3) 15:43

The first 2 were fine. The third, I nearly gassed out 5 times, twice in the last 500m. Stroke rate was 26-28 (which is a bit slow). Power output watts were mostly 60s, occasional 70s / 80s, a burst starting set 3 in the 120s, and 50s / 60s as I finished.

I'm not feeling as strong as I have. Don't know if I'm just chill, liking the CBD vape, past induction / placebo of creatine and gelatin, food, drink, sleep, water or the million other suspect things.

I need a vacation. Next week. The Cape.

Be well.

Comments

Popular Posts