All alone the fear shall humble Swallow all your pride: 3 x 2500m water row exercise log 20191227

Last time I exercised log is here. Prior 3 x 2500m exercise log is here.

Title by Metallica "Atlas Rise", as well as all the other music into my ears.

Today was special in a few ways. I walked to and from the fitness center. 50 degF !!! Dark on the way out, just past daybreak on the way back.

The pattern is simple: 5 minutes warm up, 2500 meters rowing at a decent pace, 2 minutes slow row, row to 5000m, another 2 minutes slow row, row to 7500m, 3 minutes cool down.

I admit, I'm kinda cheating on work output. I do not turn off the distance measure during the 2 x 2 minutes rest. Those are worth about 200m each. Does keep my heart rate up a bit, and my head in the game.

Form was good to excellent. Did some of it eyes closed, just for giggles, and to see how I did. Better form, maybe. Focused on unloading my shoulders just past the catch and into drive one, and that seemed useful (see here for detail).

Pace was 3:00 / 500m splits mostly, occasional 2:40's (recall, Olympic tryout requires 1:30 splits). Stroke rate was 25-27, power output mostly 60's.

I feel great. Nothing aches or hurts this minute. I felt energized the entire session. Perhaps Christmas Cookies are a pre-exercise health food? For sure, I brought an abundance of energy with me.

OK, fat ...

Next time, probably weights. Probably Sunday. Maybe.

Merry Christmas !!

Peace out ...

Comments

Popular Posts