when you leave there, got your hat down on your face: weight lifting exercise log 20191229

The last time I lifted was here. The last time I exercised was here.

Usually, when it's cold or snowy outside, I drive to the fitness room. Today, it was 30 degF and dry, so I decided to walk. Well, perhaps that wasn't the best of ideas. I worked up quite the sweat. Gets me to walk home a bit faster, perhaps. Cardio, dontChaKno ...

Today's rate and pace was OK. I certainly didn't feel like I could have gone faster or rested less.

This lifting session, the fatigue wave didn't break over me until I was doing the pulldowns. The seated face pulls and the cable pull thrus I did as 4 x 25. It implies the weight is MAYBE too light for those.

Why, maybe? The pulldowns were, frankly, a bitch to complete all 100 reps. I busted hump to get the first 2 sets at 25. Set 3, I stopped to rest after 12 reps. Then 13 more. Then 10 more. Then 15 more. The last few reps were unpleasant, and certainly not my finest smooth form and easy breathing.

So, today's lessons:

  • Don't walk to and from the fitness center when it's cold. To is OK, from is chilly.
  • Do not increase the weight or volume on any of these exercises. Got to make it all the way thru without issue.
  • Do consider doing the last exercise (pull downs) as 10 x 10.
  • I've a few aches and twinges going on, so consider 2 rest days before next exercise session.

Happy New Year !!

Peace out ...

Comments

Popular Posts