Oh, I've seen fire, and I've seen rain: weight lifting exercise log 20191223

Last time I exercised is here. Last time I lifted weight is here.


This is the second time I've done the skull crushers in this exercise set. Today, I did them intact (2 sets of 20 reps), no issues. But ...

No matter what, fatigue starts when I first lift, and it just builds thru the session, like a wave moving to shore. Today's drowning victim were the chest presses.

There are 3 progressive levels of "to failure": (1) I don't want to do another rep; (2) my form is shakey, so I should stop; (3) holy ship, GRAVITY !!

Today, I got #3, left arm. Fortunately, I brought the weight to a slow stop before it broke my ribs. Talk about intensity !! The things I do for my craft ...

I expect to take the next two days off. TBH, I'm kind of surprised I went today.

Next workout, I expect 3 x 2500m on the water row machine. Unless I do something else :-)

Merry Christmas !!!

Peace out ...

Comments

Popular Posts