Crossroads, seem to come and go: Tabata water row 20191222

My last exercise session, 2 days ago, is here. The last time I did the Tabata water row, is here.

One of the 'tricks' to water rowing is proper form. Rowing is complicated like that. The 5 minute preparation time helps me settle in, clear my head, kinda, and practice proper form.

The Tabata part: 4 units of 30 seconds full blast, 15 seconds easy row. Then, easy row for 2 minutes.

Repeat all that, 4 times.

At the end, 3 minutes 'cool down'. I've attempted to stand up immediately after the last work unit, and discovered that's a really bad idea.

The magic, as always, is a repetitive practice, performed at maximum intensity. The 'feel' of that intensity is a great measure of my fitness. Today, I felt great. Most strokes 100-120 watts, some higher, a few lower.

This stuff is good for me.

"The adaptive response of muscle mitochondrial content to regularly performed exercise (i.e. training) was first convincingly demonstrated by John Holloszy in his classic publication in 196716. He demonstrated that endurance exercise training performed at an appropriately prescribed intensity, duration, and frequency per week, in combination with high intensity intervals, could produce a remarkable 100% increase in the level of oxidative enzymes per gram of muscle. Modest changes in mitochondrial composition favouring more densely packed electron transport chain proteins were also observed."

Peace out ...

Comments

Popular Posts