On thru the never, then ever comes: 3 x 2500m water row exercise log 20191201

I haven't attempted this exercise set since late September !! And, I didn't do it then, either ...

https://hobbytreat.blogspot.com/2019/09/3-x-2500m-water-row-exercise-log.html

The pattern:

  • 5 minute warm up
  • 2500 meters as rapidly as practical
  • 2 minutes easy row
  • 2500 meters as rapidly as practical
  • 2 minutes easy row
  • 2500 meters as rapidly as practical
  • 4 minutes easy row cool down
The phrase "the mind quits a thousand times before the body must" was in full force. Didn't want to walk in the cold (although it's good for stressing the body). Didn't want to do 3 x 2500m, because straight time 30 minutes is plenty. Didn't think I'd do the 2nd split. Wanted to gas out in the second split. Thought 2 splits was plenty. Thought I'd pass out during the 3rd split. Thought 6000 and 7000 meters was enough.

Dear God, whine much? Why, yes, but I did 3 x 2500m anyway. Having Metallica on Amazon Prime helped.

https://rowingbiomechanics.weebly.com/

My form wasn't great, but it improved over the duration. Still not great, but better. Took a while to properly push forward into the catch position. Calves are not thrilled. Took a while to get my timing better on the drive. Not to mention the release and recovery. Felt like I needed to force each stroke into proper form.

It was a mess. But I did 3 x 2500m anyway.

A nice older couple showed up during the 2nd split. They did like 20 very easy minutes on the treadmill and elliptical. While playing with the TV. Then, back out they went. Oh my ...

Anyhow, probably the next 2 days as rest.

Comments

Popular Posts