City Lights And These Fast Cars They Keep On Driving In My weight lifting Exercise Log 20190509


The Fates were on my side today.

Tuesday and Wednesday evenings I ref at Hotshots, getting home late, and usually getting to bed way later. Like, after NBA Playoff games.

In order to pass for sharp and alert at work, I lean heavily on caffeinated beverages. In order to be capable of falling asleep, I lean heavily on whiskey.

For the purpose of reducing my weight, I track incoming calories, and time restrict when I will take them in. The Ref job gives me lots of time to not eat and to skip dinner. My fasting durations were 20+ and 22 hours.

I had my teeth cleaned a few days ago, and was told I really should have my upper front teeth chewing surfaces resurfaced. The enamel has worn, and the dentin was in sight. So, this morning the preventative maintenance was done. The numb face is mostly gone, but the interior skin impacts will take a day or so to heal.

The weather was beautiful this morning, and has been getting progressively cloudier and windier. I think it'll be raining sooner than later.

I had my two days rest between sessions, so I had to exercise. Did, but didn't, want to ride. Hate the wind. Did, but didn't, want to water row. My next exercise there is Tabata 30s/15s, and it just beats me up worse than I was willing to take. Gosh, what to do? Then, my Guardian Angel, Senior Librarian, Werner Medical Library, Rochester General Hospital emails me this ...


I ask her for what I need, and she gets it for me. Today, she got me to go lift weights.

By the numbers: weight, pounds, 29,555; duration, minutes, 42; pounds per minute, 704. Near the top of the "I'm doing fine, thanks" box. With 13 days between weight sessions.

Notes: The exercise list is not here. Same as it has been. Reps to fail all ordinary.

Days between weight sessions is a lingering issue. With rest days, water rowing, and bike riding, the days between is getting longer and longer. But, I'm still in the box, so, it's all good.

Next exercise there is water row Tabata 30s/15s. Hope I bring some attitude ...

Comments

Wes said…
I'm guessing that the content of that paper provided, in addition to good science, a healthy dose of motivation. Keep up the good work!

Now, about the title. There is (or was, at the very least) a famous bookstore in San Francisco called "City Lights." So, where did that bookstore come into this? :-)
rich ruscio said…
City Lights by Radio Moscow

https://songsear.ch/song/Radio-Moscow/City-Lights-by-Radio-Moscow/2430824

Popular Posts