I was me, but now he's gone Tabata Water Row 30s/15s Exercise Log 20190530

A few days back, I went to get my InBody body composition scan (Doc Mike (>> Mike DeBole <info@rocwellweightloss.com> << highly recommended). One item I was looking for during the visit were hints and tips on how to improve my form on the water row machine. Better form equals better results. I'm told ...

Anyway, the form tip in question comes during the drive phase of the stroke. When you are as far forward as you're going to go, you're ready to begin the drive phase. My habit has been to slightly pull back my arms, for the purpose of engaging tension on the handle, so that when I began to push with my legs, I had more resistance from the machine.

What Doc Mike recommended, was to first push back with my legs, and then when tension happens, begin the rock back and arm row motion. Subtle, but interesting distinction. He said that'd be 'better' than what I was doing. So, I did it, to the best of my lack of grace and athletic ability.

Guess what? It seems to have worked.

My past three 30s/15s sessions wattage output values:

  • 20190511 over 100, rarely under
  • 20190428 occasional 120
  • 20190407 100 or so, max 131, 90 middle sets

Today, I was doing consistently high 100 teens, frequent 120's, and peak was 145. Lowest rate on gas out was upper 90's, and that only happened one time. Finished the last set in 120's.

I wasn't paying close attention, but my stroke rate seems to have crept up to 32-33 per minute, above my usual 30.

As I sit here, now 4 hours later, I feel fine. No 'excess' damage apparent. Now, how to crank up the intensity a bit. Probably 40s/20s. Maybe :-)

Thanks, Doc !!

Comments

Popular Posts