Thunder and Lightning, the Gods Take Revenge Senseless Destruction 3 x 2500m water row 20190524


I've cleaned up my album lists for Amazon Prime shuffle play, while I'm doing this water row thing. I wanted to remove the live albums, because the studio stuff sounds better. Got rid of most, but there's live tracks on some of the mostly studio albums. Where this song popped up ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlxEejhHfr8

Anyway, other than the music, this 3 x 2500 meter set was remarkable in its ordinary-ness.

The targeted rate is 3 minute 500 meter splits == 15 minute 2500 meter splits. Did that, with seconds to spare ! Power output was upper 50s to low 80s. Stroke rate was 27 mostly, 25 to 30. Even my breathing was normal enough.

Almost totally uneventful session. Almost ...

During my cool down, where I wait to stand so I can, one of my neighbors came in. I was plugged into my earbuds, listening to Call of Ktulu, loud. Breathing heavily, very. I can only imagine what she thought ...

She wanted to pick my brain, because her husband was just diagnosed diabetic. I was so flattered. Yes, it's always about me :-)

He'll be fine. There's many things to do to control the issue, and they'd already done many of them. Like, IF and a strict Keto diet. Tremendously good start at first diagnosis.

One of the things we talked about was the value of moving weights for what we attempt to improve. I've written a bit about that here before, but until today, didn't come to any actionable conclusions. I've got a plan: For each exercise that is usually done to failure, don't do warm up sets. Just do the exercise, as many reps as I can, until failure. Then, do the next one. Squats need to happen only once in the session, and those, dumbbell squats to failure. Single arm dumbbell rows get done first, not to failure, because it is my favorite warm up exercise. The mechanical drop sets for tris will be gone, as will the curls. Oh, and minimal rest ...

My second thing to do, was get out of the fitness center, get home to slam a protein shake, shower, and go get my body composition measured. Interesting to feel 'rushed' to go / do / be pressed for time.

I'll write up that experience after I've had a chance to study the numbers. Doc Mike (>> Mike DeBole <info@rocwellweightloss.com> << highly recommended) had only nice, and good, things to say about what I've done, and am doing, and the results I have. Only thing he told me that I didn't want to hear, is that what I'm doing takes time, and lots of it. Oh well.

Weather forecasts for the next week all include chance of rain / thunderstorms. I miss my bikes ...

Comments

Wes said…
Somehow, this seemed like a new high water mark for update titles. Keep up the good (actual) work! I'm sure the titles will take care of themselves... :-)
rich ruscio said…
When in doubt, quote Metallica ...

Popular Posts