A Seven Nation Army Couldn't Hold Me Back Exercise Log 20190426

Once upon a time, my sleeping pattern was bad. I'd wake up when my dawn effect went off at 4am-ish, or theDog would need to go outside, or my head would be getting tricky lying to myself, helping me catch hell, or whyever. So, I'd be up early, to the gym by 6am or so, in out and done, without seeing another person.

Now, my sleep is very much better, but with later wakeups comes ...


To be fair, I doubt the conversations cost me more than a minute or 3. But I do think that the time between weight sessions is too long to increase my progress. The numbers are interesting:

Total weight, pounds 29,110; Duration, minutes 44; Pounds per minute 662



Now, the numbers are by no means bad. "In the box" is good. But, they lead me to consider that the above-800 / above the box rates were due to a missed exercise or set, rather than my Hulk-like performance. Well, room to improve, no doubt.

Notes: Almost all the sets to failure stops were volitional, rather than form failures. My head just wasn't into the work.

Except for the lat pulldowns. Those, I could not have done more reps. Period. At least, I failed in the failure set.

The weather should suck all week, so I doubt there'll be any bike time. So, water row and weights are in my near future.

Comments

Popular Posts