Karma and 3 x 2500 Water Rowing Exercise Log 20190409


Now, what could those two things have in common ?

Today's exercise was to water row 3 splits of 2500 meters. Little did I know that ...

I learned how the reset button worked on the so-called computer. Got my 5 minute warm-up in, well, 4:30 seconds, not trusting the damned thing. Then, wait for it to time out the first time (about 10 seconds). Then, press and hold the big yellow rectangular button.

On averages, 15 min 5 sec x 2500 m. 3 min 1 sec on 500 m. 127+ kCal per 2500 m. IIRC, SPM's mostly 26's, few 30's. Wattage mostly low 60's, some 70's, few 50's.


This is the stopwatch from my phone, and I've grown to hate it for this application. A few simple reasons:

I'm old and cranky. Especially doing 2500 meter splits.

The GD lap splits are too small for my eyes to clearly see. Using the split timer to time my rest periods isn't the most relaxing thing in the world.

The lap / split button is shown here as "Share", but when the timer is running, "Lap". And, considerably smaller. Using my finger as a mouse pointer isn't high up on my abilities list when I need to hit the damned button.

So, off the shop the Google store for a lap timer with bigger everythings.

.....................






Today's music was an Amazon Prime playlist, shuffleplayed, of albums from the artist known as Buckethead. Awesome guitar work. Had the place to myself, so no need for earbuds. Did discover that the water row "bucket" can make a substantial amount of racket, though. What to do ... ?

My shoulders are telling me to consider taking 2 days rest, where my head would prefer only 1. TBD on Thursday morning. Regardless, next up is 3 x 2500.

Be well.


Comments

Popular Posts