It's Been Such a Long Time Trail Bike Exercise Log 20190413

Before today, August 5, 2018, was the last time I rode my road bike, or any bike, . I remember clearly the way I felt: tired, used, discouraged, worn out, old. I got off the bike, and eventually, finished feeling sorry for myself and my metabolic issues. August 17th was the start of my work to repair myself. And the rest, as they say, is a whole lotta blog posts.

The bikes were cleaned and prepped last week. Today was the first opportunity to ride. So, I took the trail bike out.

My townhouse community has a simple paved perimeter, with a few exceptions. My place is on a 'side street'. About 20% of the big loop is construction road, and it isn't in decent shape. The stretch along Paul road is sidewalk. It's a good match for the trail bike.



I did 5 laps, reversing direction each time past that small loop servicing my place.


There's hardly any elevation, but there was wind. Like 20-30 mile per hour steady and gusts.

It wasn't overly difficult. I'm in way better shape, and much lower weight, than last time.







I cannot wait to go out on the road bike ...

Comments

Popular Posts